Work With Us!Join our creative, and energetic team.
For employment opportunities, Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax resume: 202-244-8065. We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience. If you have a passion for helping children with special needs, please contact us today!
Full Time Pediatric Physical Therapist
Sensational Kids Therapy is looking for a full time pediatric physical therapist to join our dynamic team of occupational and physical therapists in our out-patient clinic. Position requires a strong background in pediatrics and knowledge of evidence-based practice. Candidate should be independent, organized, flexible, and able to communicate effectively with parents, teachers, staff, and other professionals.
- Candidates will work with children primarily ages 0-10 with impairments and functional limitations to promote mobility and improve motor performance, alleviate movement dysfunction or pain, and improve quality of life through a process of examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and procedural interventions.
- Interventions are individualized based on the purposeful and skilled interaction between the patient/client and includes communication, documentation, and patient/client related education/instruction/home programming.
- Diagnoses include developmental delay of gross motor skill acquisition, torticollis/plagiocephaly, developmental coordination disorder, gait disturbances (delayed walking, gait deviations including persistent toe- walking), cerebral palsy, autistic spectrum disorders/delay in play skills, neuromuscular disease, and CIMT/HABIT treatment.
- Candidates should have a current license to practice physical therapy in the District of Columbia. 2-3 years of experience in pediatrics is preferred.
- Candidates should be independent, dynamic, creative, organized, flexible, and possess excellent communication skills to work with families and other professionals.
Part-Time Contract Pediatric Occupational Therapist
Sensational Kids Therapy is looking for a part-time contract occupational therapist to join our dynamic team of occupational and physical therapists in our out-patient clinic. Position requires a strong background in pediatrics and knowledge of evidence-based practice. Candidate should be independent, organized, flexible, and able to communicate effectively with parents, teachers, staff, and other professionals.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited school program
- Current Board of Occupational Therapy license issued by the District of Columbia
- Current certification with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Two to three years of experience working with children with developmental delays
- Knowledge of sensory integration theory and practice
- Able to plan individual treatment programs, perform pediatric standardized assessments for purposes of evaluations/re-evaluations, provide home programs and classroom recommendations, and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with staff, parents, and other professionals
- Develop child-therapist rapport and scaffold activities as needed to achieve progress towards individual goals
- Be able to work with children with the following diagnoses: sensory processing disorder, autism spectrum disorders, genetic disorders, learning differences, cerebral palsy, developmental coordination disorder, and other motor delays and impairments